1. "Solve the problem yourself or accept a fate you may not like...from this perspective, the ethic of personal responsibility gains appeal."
Noel M. Tichy
This is almost my favorite quote for use on the internet. I have had several replies to my e-mails, just to tell me they liked this particular quote. Oh, how I wish our government would behave like this!
2."Even if my memory were to fail me in the future, I would still be able to retrace with certainty the footsteps of my soul."
A very complex and profound quote. I like sayings that get you to think.
3. "Oh! how bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man's eyes."
I wish I could take/make the time to really read Shakespeare.
( I won't offer comments on all of these quotes, because, if your like me, they are very personal..)
4. "Live all you can; it's a mistake not to. It doesn't so much matter what you do in particular, so long as you have your life. If you haven't had that what have you had?"
Gads, I almost forgot how much I love the Henry and William James. Both worth reading!
5. "Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. "
This has to be one of the most often quoted quotes around.
6. "Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried. "
Ok, this one always brings a smile to my soul. You got to love Mae..
7."You cannot be fuelled by bitterness. It can eat you up but it cannot drive you."
Oh so very true. Wouldn't it be nice if we all realized this...and put it into practice.
8. "We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
9. "Anyone who sees in his own occupation merely a means of earning money degrades it; but he that sees in it a service to mankind ennobles both his labor and himself."
A. Lawrence Lowell
and my 10th.....
"Rationalization may be defined as self-deception by reasoning."
ah. one of my favorite psychologists. There is nothing more sexy in the world as a smart woman!
Well, I started this out, it was sunday night, and now its almost 1am monday.
What is your favorites????